Sony has started rolling out the security service free for Xperia device globally, dubbed as my xperia. Sony Mobile has started it rolling out from Nordic countries since January 2013. After several months of beta release now the app has been more stable release. The service would allow Xperia user to find device remotely when it is lost, protect private information by locking or wiping the data on device. The service use the Google account to connect the device.
- Sound an alert to get someone’s attention –it’ll also override silent mode and wake the display
- Map location via myxperia.sonymobile.com
- Lock the phone to keep info private, and ping a message with contact details
- Set a phone number where the finder can reach you.
- Erase both internal and external SD card info / data if required
This service is going to be available on select 2012 and 2013 Xperia device from next few weeks globally. Availability and timing may vary by countries and models, markets and currier. You can check the my Xperia service later on by going to Settings >> Xperia >> my Xperia on your device and then go to the myxperia.sonymobile.com, signin with your Google account to use the UI.