(Note: Please do on your own risk Author of this post or blogger are not responsible for any problem causes while unlocking your usb modem)
please note that by debranding your device by the hard method you probably lose your warranty!
- First connect your modem and Install the original dashboard from your modem, because later to use your modem will require all drivers to be installed.
- Download QPST from here and install it.
- Go to Start button then go to Programs menu then go to QPST and start QPST Configuration" and select the "Ports" tab.(Plug your modem before starting QPST Configuration)
- Now click "Add New Port"
- Find the port labeled "USB/QC Diagnostic" and select it then click "OK".
(Note: If there are more than one "USB/QC Diagnostic" port showing, you must select the correct one by trying each one. If you get the wrong one the "Modem selection" in step 7 won't show the "Unknown" phone but will be empty.)
- Go to the menu and Select "Start Clients" and click "EFS EXPLORER"
- In the following dialog you should see an "Unknown" phone, which you select and then confirm with "OK".
Now QPST will read the EFS file system of your device:
- After reading QPST will show up some files. Now you must take back up the existing content of the modem, which is saved as a "ZTEMODEM.ISO". Select the "ZTEMODEM.ISO" right click on it and select "Copy File from Phone".
And select the file location where you want to save the backup and click OK.
Now the QPST software will backup ZTEMODEM.ISO to the selected folder, which may take up to 30 minutes.(Note: keep this downloaded backup version of ZTEMODEM.ISO in a safe place – you might need it one day!)
- After the backup has finished select "ZTEMODEM.ISO" right click on it and select "delete".
- After deleting old ZTEMODEM.ISO, insert this one (NEW VERSION Aug-2010) [mirror 1 - mirror 2 - mirror 3 - mirror 4 - mirror 5] by drag & drop (First extract ISO from RAR first!). It contains the "ZTE Join Air" dashboard (version 1.00.0B02, English and German including installer DPInst.exe), MWconn 5.6 and MDMA 18.104.22.168a, a monitoring tool with USSD-support. Unfortunatley it lacks MacOS-support. Backup of original ZTEMODEM.ISO: ZTEMODEM.ISO from Vodafone K3565-Z (VMC 22.214.171.12431)
- Now wait till the new ZTEMODEM.ISO has been written to your device and then close QPST EFS Explorer. If asked to reset the device click on the "Yes".
- That's it. Now your modem got the new dashboard.